Friday, May 9, 2008

F stands for Frog, Day 5


Hours Worked: (8:30-12:30)

Today started off normal, where I went there by myself since Hannah had class in the morning. Afterwards they cleaned up and had snack. Then we took a special trip to the Proctor gym where the kids got to run around and play with some of the balls in the gym. They seemed to like this quite a bit, although there was one point where Hannah and I were in the bathroom for fifteen minutes because a bunch of them had to go to the bathroom. Next, we walked back to the preschool and had a morning meeting where they told them their center options. Hannah and I had out center at a huge whiteboard that sits on the group where we taught them how to write the letter F. We showed them, wrote it with them and taught them what noise a F makes. They seemed to like this a lot because they got to use markers and draw on the whiteboard. Some got so into it that they continued to learn how to write the whole word Frog. It was pretty cool. Then there was a short puppet show put on by Amy and Raz. Next, the kids got to go outside and draw with sidewalk chalk. After, they went into the playground and got to run around. We found some fold-up tents and put those out but it seemed to cause a lot of problems. I had three kids come to me crying within five minutes. It was crazy, so we decided it was time to go in for lunch. AS the kids started to settle down and get comfortable I stapled the newsletters and put them in the kids mailboxes, so the parents will finally know what we are doing in their kids classroom! After they had finished lunch and were preparing for nap time, Hannah and I headed off to lunch. It was a really good week and I am shocked as to how fast it went by!

No comments: