Monday, May 12, 2008

Hop Hop Hop, day six


Hours worked: (8:15-12:15)

Today wasn't as entertaining as others. It was a typical Monday, in that Hannah and I were both tired when we arrived. However, being around little kids forces you to wake up right away. The kids were playing and running around as usual. Then it was snack time and today it seemed that we had to continuously remind kids to sit forward or sit down or focus on their snack and not their friend sitting next to them. Afterwards, we had morning meeting where we figured out the weather and what the date was. Then it was centers. Hannah and I ran a center of puzzles, which was actually pretty popular. Some of the other options were making silly putty, painting flowers and coloring. Then Amy read two stories on the couch and we went outside on the playground. Neither Hannah or I was prepared for the weather and were freezing cold. Luckily, Lindsey didn't want to wear her sweatshirt so I put it on the beginning on my arms to help keep me warm (even though it didn't work). I ended up pretending they were big teeth and would catch Lindsey when she came down the slide by tickling her. Since all the teachers were freezing we decided to go inside and have music time where we listened to a CD, sang along and did all the hand movements for them. Finally, the kids settled down for lunch and Hannah and I headed off for our own lunch. Tomorrow I will meet with Swayze, my mentor, to discuss everything that has been going on!

No comments: